Gypsum board has a notable impact on the interior appearance of a space depending on the level of finish. Understanding the differences between the Five Levels of Finish will help you specify each level based on environmental conditions to best meet your client’s expectations. Industry standards as well as common finishing materials and terminology will be reviewed. Recommended installation methods for each level will be illustrated.
Provider: National Gypsum
Thad Goodman, FCSI, CDT, CCPR LEED Green Associate
Frank Fuller, FCSI
- After completion of this course, participants will be able to understand and identify solutions for common problems relating to:
- Attendees will learn the various products used in finishing gypsum board and be able to specify the appropriate products for their specific applications and required outcomes.
- Identify the significance of ASTM C840 -The Standard Specification for Application and Finishing of Gypsum Board to ensure long term performance and healthy indoor environments.
- Learn the differences between the Five Levels of Finish (GA-214-15) to gain a clear understanding of where to specify which level of finish.
- Show most common mistakes in application and review industry documents
CEU: 1 AIA LU/HSW